“Strongest June market in Fraser Valley in 10 Years”
The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) has just released its monthly Fraser Valley real estate statistics package for June 2015 and the results are very promising:
- June 2015 sales volume was the highest for June since 2005.
- June 2015 was the fourth busiest month ever for MLS sales in the Fraser Valley.
- 45% increase in sales processed this June compared to last June.
- 11% increase in new listings this June compared to last June.
A general sense of stability in the economy is mentioned as the primary cause for such a strong residential real estate market. The FVREB says that most home buyers in the Fraser Valley are families with children looking to buy a home within their same community or to move to another community within the Fraser Valley. Buyers as a whole are comfortable with the current economic climate and confident in the long-term value of investing in real estate.
With such fast paced sales and competitive real estate market conditions, Fraser Valley Real Estate Board President Jorda Maisey advises buyers,
“With demand for detached homes and townhomes at peak levels, our advice to prospective buyers is interview a number of REALTORS® for help navigating what can be a stressful market. With the average home selling in just over a month and many homes receiving multiple offers, you need an expert to find you a home, protect you and position you for success.”
(Did I mention that I’m among the Top 1% of Buyers’ Agents in the Fraser Valley? Learn more …)
Here is a breakdown of the real estate of average prices for Surrey homes for sale.
Surrey Real Estate Market Average Prices June 2015 (Entire City)
- Detached Home – $777,741
- Townhouse for Sale – $390,604
- Condo for Sale – $247,810
Central Surrey Real Estate Prices in June 2015
- Detached Home – $667,477
- Townhouse for Sale – $344,790
- Condo for Sale – $218,268
North Surrey Real Estate Prices in June 2015
- Detached Home – $618,200
- Townhouse for Sale – $298,899
- Condo for Sale – $209,950
Cloverdale Real Estate Prices in June 2015
- Detached Home – $653,039
- Townhouse for Sale – $349,408
- Condo for Sale – $274,596
White Rock/ South Surrey Real Estate Prices in June 2015
- Detached Home – $1,154,505
- Townhouse for Sale – $529,251
- Condo for Sale – $314,332
More affordable housing and real estate opportunities exist in Langley, North Delta, and Abbotsford, for families looking for detached homes. While still very competitive real estate markets these areas may be a great way to break into the real estate market.
Average Price for Langley Homes for Sale in June 2015
- Langley Detached Home – $712,150
- Langley Townhouse for Sale – $340,147
- Langley Condo for Sale – $255,252
Average Price for North Delta Homes for Sale in June 2015
- Detached Home – $683,434
- Townhouse for Sale – $442,944
- Condo for Sale – $184,980
Average Price of Abbotsford Homes for Sale in June 2015
- Abbotsford Detached Home – $483,381
- Abbotsford Townhouse for Sale – $284,985
- Abbotsford Condo for Sale – $143,403
You can view the entire June 2015 Real Estate Statistics Package here.
As experienced Real Estate agents in Surrey and White Rock, Natasha Taylor and her Sutton Group Realty team can provide the expertise and knowledge mentioned by Maisey needed to help you find a home in this very busy and competitive real estate market.
Please call us at 1-778-316-4290 to speak to us buying or selling your Fraser Valley home or simply drop us an email!