Most of the real estate articles in Canadian newspapers this week talk about a “cooling” real estate market; how Canada’s hot housing market is showing signs of slowing down.
However, Canada is diverse in so many ways including its real estate market. This is because each regional economy can drive housing pricings and demand.
An article posted by Business Review Canada late last week points out there are still vibrant real estate “jewels” in small to mid-sized towns. This is because housing prices are generally more affordable and spurred by growing local economies, which are usually predictable and stable.
Of the four top cities named in the article, British Colombia represented two: Surrey, BC and Maple Ridge/ Pitt Meadows, BC.
Why the City of Surrey, BC
is Good Real Estate Investment Option
Writer Tami Jones names several reasons why Surrey is a great place to invest in real estate and live:
- Dynamic local economy
- 6,000+ acres of green space plus a beautiful landscape surrounding the bustling city atmosphere
- Over 1,000+ new residents move to Surrey each month (2nd largest city in BC)
- Surrey’s population is expected to outnumber the City of Vancouver in the next 10 years
- Close proximity to two US border crossings accommodating International business
In other words, there is still tremendous growth expected for the City of Surrey as new residents flock to this area for its bustling economy yet small city atmosphere.
Why Invest in Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge Real Estate?
Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge have other reasons for being prime real estate investment areas in BC right now:
- Expansion of Translink/Gateway Project will help reduce travel times
- Improved transit to neighboring cities make it a great commuter town
- Business opportunities within the Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadow areas increasing
- Projected 400+ businesses will move into the neighborhood
- Low residential and commercial real estate prices expected to drastically increase in future
If you are looking for affordable housing options just outside of Metro Vancouver Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge are excellent options. As transit continues to improve it will only get better.
I am proud to be helping my clients buy and sell properties in some of the most desirable cities in the country! If you are interested in learning more about these areas or need help finding the right home for sale in Surrey, Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows I would be more than happy to assist you. You can reach me by phone at 778-316-4290 or by email at Natasha@VancouverRealEstateSurrey.com.