Homes for sale in Surrey BC are ever growing in popularity. Centrally located, Surrey is just a 35 minute drive northwest to Vancouver and located directly north of the US Border, with two International border crossings. Hosting a diverse population and seamless blend of greenery, agricultural land and urban amenities, Surrey has something for everyone.
As British Columbia’s second largest city, Surrey is home to beautiful parks, art galleries and museums, golf courses, shopping, restaurants, annual events and sports. An ideal place to live for young, active families, Surrey’s International ethnic mix also creates an opportunity for colorful and diverse shopping and dining experiences.
Choosing to purchase real estate and live in Surrey opens the door to a more affordable housing market – perfect for first time home buyers – compared to prices you will find in surrounding areas. The SkyTrain connection to Vancouver and available public transportation allows for quick travel to neighboring areas. Surrey is a great place to live, work and visit.
Here’s some facts about Surrey BC to help you get to know the neighborhood:
- Surrey is known as the “City of Parks” with over 600 parks.
- Average Summer temperature is 22 C (72F).
- Average Winter temperature is 5C (41F).
- Average rainfall 1050mm (41”) – lowest on the Lower Mainland!
- Surrey is the largest public school district in British Columbia.
- Surrey is host to the Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair, Canada’s second largest rodeo.
- Surrey is expected to beat Vancouver as the largest BC City in next decade.
Call The Taylor Team at 778-316-4290 to discuss your real estate options in Surrey. As your local Realtors we can help you get a unique understanding of the area and the potential for your real estate investment.
Editor’s Note: This original post published in October 2011 has recently been updated for relevance and accuracy.